Now you can check out dozens of Lexis titles right from your PC, tablet, or phone. You can read, annotate, and print sections.
- Corbin on Contracts
- Dunnell Minnesota Digest
- Larson's Workers Compensation Laws
- Minnesota Civil Practice (McFarland & Keppel)
- Minnesota Family Law Practice Manual
- Moore's Federal Practice
- Pirsig on Minnesota Pleading
- ...and many more!
- If you are a Law Library subscriber: Select "Public Access". Your username is usually firstname.lastname and your password is the last 4 digits of your barcode. Contact us with any questions.
- If you are a Hennepin County employee: Select "Employee Access". Your username is your Hennepin County email, and your password is your last name exactly as it is in your email address. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- You can also use the LexisNexis Digital Library as a Guest if your device is connected to the Law Library WiFi or the Hennepin County employee network.
You can also get the LexisNexis Digital Library app for your Android or Apple device.
To use the app you will need Library code: hclawlib
AnswerConnect is a comprehensive tax information database. Search or browse individual titles such as the Minnesota Tax Reporter and the Standard Federal Tax Reporter. Find checklists and sample client letters on most tax topics. Use natural language searching to ask questions across all the databases: codes, decisions, forms, and CCH's expert explanations. AnswerConnect covers tax topics in U.S. federal, Minnesota, and issues of international taxation.
See the below Note about special VitalLaw login procedures.
VitalLaw is a resource that brings together many of the Wolters Kluwer titles that had only been available in print, such as Wigmore on Evidence, Law of Lawyering, and Bromberg and Ribstein on Partnership.
You will also find many of the most important construction law titles:
- Alternative Clauses to Standard Construction Contracts - Heady
- Calculating Construction Damages - Schwartzkopf
- Construction Delay Claims - Bramble and Callahan
- Construction Disputes: Practice Guide with Forms - Corgan and Dorris
- Construction Litigation: Representing the Owner - Callahan, Cushman, Cushman and Cook
- Construction Scheduling: Preparation, Liability, and Claims - Wickwire, Driscoll, Hurlbut and Groff
- Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law - Schor
- Practical Guide to Construction Contract Surety Claims - Schwartzkopf
- Proving and Pricing Construction Claims - Cushman, Carter, Gorman and Coppi
- State-by-State Guide to Design and Construction Contracts and Claims - Dodd and Findlay
- Sweet on Construction Industry Contracts: Major AIA Documents – Sweet
NOTE: Two steps to access VitalLaw:
- Step 1: Log in to the Law Library’s server. This proves you are a Law Library patron.
- Step 2: Log in to (or create) your VitalLaw account. Then you can save documents, view your search history, and create alerts.
- Index of Minnesota legal publications
- Maintained by the Minnesota State Law Library since 1984
- Links to full text articles if available online
- Subscriber login required
- Access subject to certain vendor-imposed restrictions based on law firm size
- Full text of legal journals since their inception
- Federal Register from 1936 - present (approximate two-month lag)
- U.S. Supreme Court cases
- U.S. treaties
- Scanned images of original print pages
- Case law retrieval by citation using Fastcase
- Subscriber login required
- Also available in law library catalog
- Image-based legal materials focusing on publications from U.S. federal and state governments
- Retrieve documents by citation
- Scanned images of actual documents
- Congressional Record from 1990 - present
- Historical state and federal statutes
- Many federal administrative decisions (e.g., U.S. Patent and Trademark Office decisions)
- Subscriber barcode required for certain searches
- Links to all remote databases
- All full text online publications