CLEs and other classes
The Law Library sponsors a Continuing Legal Education class every month. Each CLE is:
For more information contact us at 612-348-2903 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
June: What Makes Torrens Property Unique? A Guide to Dealing with Registered Land
Presented by David Gates, Deputy Hennepin County Examiner of Titles
- Thursday, June 17. 12:15 - 1:15 p.m. (NOTE: in observance of Juneteenth, this CLE will NOT be held as originally scheduled on June 18)
- Live-streamed only (not on-demand).
Mr. Gates will cover:
- Overview of Torrens property
- Key elements of dealing with registered land
- Misunderstandings around Torrens property, and the mistakes caused by them
- Important considerations when deciding to register previously-deeded land
- Tools on the Examiner of Title’s website: forms, commentary, and help
Please click this URL to join. https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1615131536?pwd=emEvZGpCTGtoQW5zME4vL3dVNGR4QT09
July: Happy Anniversaries: Far from Near, Closer to Cohen
Presented by Marshall Tanick
- Friday, July 16. 12:15 – 1:15 p.m.
- Live-streamed only. The live-stream link will be posted here when it is available. It will also be sent out to the Law Library CLE email list. Sign up for emails.